Interactive Vietnam Veterans Memorial It's Free
Leave a tribute, a story or photograph about any of the 58,256 veterans killed or missing in the Vietnam War.
Soldiers on The Wall
- All names by any category (58,256)
- Service: Army(38,641), Marine Corps(15,003), Air Force(2,611), Navy(2,584), Coast Guard(7)
- Hometown: New York(1,385), Chicago(973), Philadelphia(628), Detroit(533), Baltimore(422)
About the Vietnam Wall
In honor of the men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States who served in the Vietnam War. The names of those who gave their lives and of those who remain missing are inscribed in the order they were taken from us. Read more
Newly digitized Vietnam photos from The National Archives
Facts about The Interactive Wall
- At full size, The Wall image on Fold3 is about 460 feet wide (400,000 pixels wide by 12,500 pixels tall).
- We found 58,320 names inscribed on The Wall.
- There are about 70 names which are duplicates or misspellings.
- 8 names are women.
- 2,056 are listed as "body not recovered."
- Average age is 22.8 years old.
- 6,301 images were photographed by Peter Krogh
- Darren Higgins used six computers to stitch 1,494 images into a single 5 gigapixel image of The Wall.